Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Another project completed!

I did give in to a little pressure and set everyone up with a piece of masonite and some joint compound (ready-mixed plaster for walls & ceilings). With a bucket half full of texture makers, we all worked in the wet plaster. After the plaster set-up, we sanded and then coated our plaster with polymer medium. Lastly, we added some color - mostly black to approximate drawings (sort of). You can see my blog showing my usual textured paintings here. You can quickly see the many variations that we achieved with the same basic materials. I have picked out three new ideas to "steal" and try on my work! Remember to click on the images to enlarge them and to see the artists' names.

1 comment: